Sunday, August 9, 2009










Jared and Sara Thomas
June 27th, 2009






Jared called me on Monday, June 22nd, and said, "I have good news! Sara and I are getting married on Saturday, and we were wondering if we could do it there (meaning at our house) ."

Immediately, my mind wandered back to when Aunt Daisy died.

We went into Uncle Don's house to clean it up. Horrors. I can still remember the stench of wild cats permeating the home. I remember the cobweb-laden dart stuck in the kitchen cabinet. (how long has it been there?).
The scales came off my eyes, and I looked around at my messy house that I didn't have time to clean, and I repented for judging Uncle Don.
We had a wonderful, if hectic, time. My baseboards are still not on, the roof is still leaking, the showers are mold-laden, and the garage is packed.
- BUT-
Some of the rooms smell fresh, the backyard looked beautiful, the pool is filled with water that is clear, our family was going camping in Oceanside in 2 days.
We witnessed A milestone in Jared and Sara's life. And tomorrow I will attack the mold, and try to learn to love Uncle Don without judging.











No comments: